The minimal deposit will be approximately 300,000 Swiss Franсs and may count up to 500,000 Swiss Francs in the case of some banks in Bern. This is to be kept in mind when the opening procedure starts.
Before opening an account on behalf of a legal entity, you should file the following documents:
- Copies of all essential documentation of your company
- 1 copy of the director's passport
- 1 copy of the passports of all the shareholders
- All required additional documents
Before opening a new private Swiss bank account, a person is to provide the chosen bank with all the required data:
- Personal information about the future depositor, including name, occupation, address, birth date and contact information
- All financial documents (they depend on the profession and usually contain documents proving the origin of funds)
It should be taken into consideration that all opening procedures usually take from one day to one month (it depends on a wide range of circumstances) without any influence possible on your part.The process of opening an account in a Swiss bank can also be rather difficult for non-residents.
If the chosen bank cannot open your new account, which is a rare occurrence, you will definitely receive a full refund. For instance, a bank in Switzerland may refuse to open an account for a so-called «politically-exposed person», if the bank in question considers such a client to be disadvantageous for the bank's reputation.
According to Swiss law, an account can be closed at any time without cost or restriction. Your money can be returned immediately as soon as the account is liquidated.